Friday, January 29, 2010

Bits & Pieces

Not a lot happening lately on the railroad, but a few things. The picture below is the "after" shot of my ceiling repair from the water damage (see earlier blog postings for the "before" picture). The dummy return air vent covers an opening in the drywall that I purposely left open for future leaks (an optimist?) Although my drywall mud work isn't very good, it will pass the casual glance test. Besides, who should be looking at the ceiling anyway..... look at the railroad!




Bash-0-mania - I'm working on kit bashing a DPM building, #10400. This is my first serious attempt at kit bashing and so far, so good. I'm changing the building from a 3-story to a 5-story, along with replacing the overhead door with a regular door and cutting down the depth of the building. I've been hand sawing the pieces and have put the project on hold until my new Proxxon FKS mini power table saw arrives. The project is taking some time because besides hand cutting the pieces, I've been documenting the project with pictures as I progress.

I'll post pictures of the completed structure "some time in the future".

No comments:

Post a Comment